Wednesday, April 22

Tea Time!

I want to have a Mother's Day Tea. And if I can manage it, I am going to. I am going to invite the ladies of my family to come and enjoy some good time together. I wish that some of my closer friends lived closer so that I could invite them to come as well.
I think about ladies of the past. Friendships where so important. Often ladies would stop by and chat. They couldn't just call each other up on the phone. Don't get me wrong. I love the fact that I can call friends and talk on the phone. I am thankful for the Internet age where I can communicate with friends and family that live far away. But have we lost something. That face to face contact? Sitting across from someone that can be there to put a hand on your shoulder and say, I know what you have been though, I will be here. Or someone to come and just simply share in the day to day joys of life.
I wonder sometimes about my daughters. So many things have changed simply in my life time. What will change in theirs? How will communication change the face of their lives, change there relationships? I think about the movie Wall-E. Will our lives change so much, that we could go all day, weeks, months, possibly even years without really seeing the people around us?
So, I think I will have that Mother's Day Tea. And I will enjoy the relationships that are in my life.

1 comment:

Karina said...

Wish I had friends here to invite to something like that, it would be fun.... Have fun with it and enjoy an extra cup for me....