Wednesday, August 19

And I found it!

Lately I have been trying to come up with things that I can do to keep myself entertained right before and after the baby is born. I need a creative outlet. As many of you can identify with, right after a baby is born is not the time to be able to do craft very easily, especially if you already have other young children as well. Well I am about to have three under the age of five and I don't have much time for cutting out patterns, piecing together quilts, crotching blankets, and all of the other crafty things that I enjoy doing. So I needed to figure out something. And I think I have.

Before Alyssa was born I loved scrapbooking. I really got into it and loved putting together memories, using all kinds of neat paper and embellishments. But after baby it was impractical. No sooner would I get things out, then I would have to walk away from my project for a crying baby. And things didn't get any better the older she got--now she wanted to "help." So I have up scrapbooking.

But now there is digital scrapbooking! I am excited about all the things that I have been able to learn about it just in a few hours today. I am really looking forward to it. For me, its going to be perfect, or at least I think it will. I won't have loads of stuff sitting around, waiting to get messed up. I won't have to get everything out and then put it back up. And for me, best of all, I can do it on my computer while doing other things, ie nursing said children. The blog that I have found to be most helpful so far is DigiScrapping with Jen I have really enjoyed reading through this blog and getting some great information and ideas.

The first hurdle that I came to was about Photoshop. I don't have Photoshop. And come to find out it is expensive. I knew that my mom had some sort of image editing software, and wanted to find out what she used, and where she got it, how much it cost, etc. I am so glad that I called her. She told me about Gimp. It is a free down loadable program that works much like photoshop. She loves it, and best of all its free! I will post again after I have downloaded it and learned some more about it. :)