Thursday, August 20

My First Digital Scrapbook Page


Okay, first of all let me say, that although its a little complicated, Gimp is an amazing program. It can do so many really really cool things. And best of all its free, unlike photoshop. You can download it here if you are interested.


I finished my first page today. I did it while watching some tutorials by Beene Designs on YouTube on how do scrapbook using Gimp. She has some really good information. The only thing that I wish was a little better was the visual quality of the video, but I was able to follow along well enough and learn the concepts that she was teaching. The hardest part was learning about all the layering. But once I figured it out, it really wasn't that hard.
The paper and embellishments that I used I got for free from Simply Clean Digi Scraps. Her website is awesome and she has some great items that you can download for free. This really helps, since I don't want to spend any money on anything while I am learning.
Anyways, I would love to know what you think of my first page. I need feedback. So please comment. Thanks!
(This scrapbook page was made using a free kit from Simply Clean Digi Scraps. No part of this image may be reproduced in any manner.)

7 comments:

Erin Myers said...

GREAT JOB! I love it! If I can find the CD I have a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff i can give you... have to find it first though. Very cute!

Jennifer said...

i think it looks beautiful. very pleasing to look at!

Karina said...

oh that is pretty and she is darling!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.