Monday, December 1

Day off, or is it off day?

So I officially haven't done squat today...well that's not exactly true...I am the mother of a three year old, and a five almost six month old. So I have done quite a lot today actually. But I haven't done anything else. I have had one of those days where I have felt blah all day. I woke up feeling blah. I woke up with that thought of, if only. If only I wasn't holding two children. If only I hadn't stayed up later last night reading after they went to bed. If only they didn't have colds....if only, if only, if only. But my husband taught me long ago not to live with the if of life. So I got up.

Well, its 9pm, and I am not ashamed to say, I am still in my PJ's. I did however manage to brush my teeth, and comb my hair, but just barely. I did change the girls cloths, twice actually, (long story.) And I did managed to make two and a half meals. (the half was just cereal) But did I get any of those things on my to-do list done? No. There are still Christmas decorations that I want to finish putting up. I still have Thanksgiving platters that need to be put away in there cabinets. As always there is a mountain of laundry that needs to be done. I could go on and on with this list.

But then, looking across the room at Alyssa, I am reminded. I am reminded that all of that stuff doesn't matter. (Well, it matters to me, but in the big scheme of things, it doesn't really.) I am watching my daughter playing Star Wars Lego's on the XBOX with my hubby. They are so adorable. I swear they look like cookie cutter images. They both have the same stance. Sitting cross legged, elbows on their knees. Faces upturned to the TV. Alyssa keeps talking to her character...please turn around...come on...that's it...up up...it is all I can do to keep from laughing out loud. And Bennett, he has got to be the best father in the whole world. To truly understand what I am talking about you would have to understand him. He loves video games. And he is pretty serious when it comes to the games. But he is being so patient with her. And although I can tell, being his wife, what a strain the whole thing is on him, he is being great!

So, what. I didn't get my to-do list done. I didn't even start on it. But I did play with my children. And I did enjoy a day of laziness. I don't think that it is going to change the world one bit. :-)

No comments: