Saturday, November 29

Christmas is in the air!

Okay, so one of our family traditions is that we try to decorate the house for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving. Well we have started. It's wonderful! We have Christmas music playing. Alyssa being three this year is really excited about Christmas. Mostly I think that has to do with the fact that for the past few months whenever she asks for a toy or something from the store, I say maybe for Christmas. I believe that she thinks all her dreams are going to come true.

We have special ornaments that we put on our Christmas tree. We get a special one each year. Well, just about each year. We have one from Hawaii, one from the Christmas that we spent in Alaska. I have one from Alyssa's first Christmas. One from Bennett and I first Christmas. And many many others. But probably my favorite one is the "Parents-to-Be" 2004 one. I found out that I was pregnant with Alyssa just after Bennett had left for a 6 week deployment, (right after our first anniversary.) I wanted to come up with this amazing way to break the news of our first baby. While shopping one day I found the "Parents-to-Be" ornaments. It was perfect. And the look on his face when I gave it to him was great!

I love the traditions of our family. My mother has the tradition of a Christmas eve party. We have special things to eat, punch to drink, play games, etc. While Bennett and I where in Hawaii, we tried to keep that tradition alive by having our own parties. We have added to it by reading the Christmas story. We have another tradition of our Christmas journal. Each year we write things about our lives, and the things that mad that year special for Christmas.

So my question to you today is what kind of traditions do you and your families have. What are the things that you pass down to your children. Or what do you remember that was special about your Christmases as a child. I would love to hear your stories.

No comments: