Thursday, July 14

What's up DOC?

While making lunch today I was reminded just how much my kids and I aren't always on the same wave lengths.  While adding some carrots to the girls plates, Alyssa came in and asked if they were cooked carrots.  I told her not this time, and she began to complain that she liked cooked carrots the best. 

After telling her that she needed to make sure she had a right attitude, but that I do understand and know that she likes cooked carrots the best, but that today we where eating raw carrots, I wanted to smooth over everything.  Thinking that even perhaps I could help her love raw carrots, have fun eating raw carrots. 

It was at this point that I told her, "We are going to get them like bugs bunny today."

Blank stare.

"You know, 'What's up doc?'"

More blank stare.

"Common, you know, Bugs Bunny!"

She gave me this look that surely meant I had lost my marbles.  "What are you talking about mom.  Do you mean that movie where the kid gets left at his grandmothers house after his mom dies and she gives him a bunny?"

She had not a clue what I was talking about.  Are my kids growing up in a world in which they know what an iPhone is, but do not know how Bugs Bunny is?

I am telling you, different wave lengths.

No comments: