Sunday, September 7

Lets do lunch!

What a week. Almost every day I had wanted to stop and post something, and almost everyday something else happened. My week was filled with many things, many emotions. I will be so glad when we finally get into a house. There are just too many emotions involved in trying to find the right house for us. One that we can afford, that is in a good neighborhood, and that is big enough for us. But I think we are on the right track, and we are going to look at more houses tomorrow.

The girls haven't been sleeping well this week, which in turns means that none of us are sleeping well. Makayla is teething, and for the first time since she was born, she has been waking up four or five times a night. YUCK!

(My husband is patiently standing here next to me with the baby, I think he is done watching her for the moment. I just looked at him and smiled.)

This weekend I got to have lunch with one of my best friends from high school. It has been years since we where able to just sit down and talk. I had forgotten how good it was to just sit down and talk with my best girlfriend. One that already knows most of my secrets. I was able to skip all the introductory talk, and just focus on the newest things that where happening. We where able to talk about kids, being a parent, how different things are from when we where in high school, our families. Sitting there at the Micky D's play place, eating cold french fries, and drinking soda, I was able to connect with another adult. One who understands what it is like to be where I am. To walk in my shoes...(although they may be a different size, they are still shoes.) How energizing to confess something, and find out, your not crazy at all. There are other people that deal with the same things that you do, ie how to smile when your toddler shoves that pollen filled flower up under your nose. Or the more serious, the struggle between saving money for your future, or spending money on the now, and doing something fun to build your family. It was wonderful.

God is like that, or at least He should be. Sometimes we don't always treat Him like that though. He knows it all, and He has been there with us through it all. I am going to try and remember that more. And set up a lunch date with my Savior. It will be great!

(ps. Hubby took the baby outside for a walk...he is amazing!!!)

1 comment:

Karina said...

yes, sounds very refreshing!