Friday, January 9

Where has this week gone

So we spent most traveling. The weekend before Christmas we went to see some of Bennett's family, and attend a 90Th birthday party. And then the day after Christmas we went down to see Bennett's dad and step-mom. But traveling with two young children is no joke, and I am glad that its over for now.

The girls I think enjoyed their Christmas, and I enjoyed mine. Bennett got me very thoughtful gifts, and of course the thing that I love most, his Christmas card to me. Every year he finds the most beautiful Christmas cards, and writes the most beautiful messages in them. I look forward to it every year. I thought at first that he hadn't done it this year, but he had. And I am glad that he did. It made me cry. I love every minute of it.

Okay, so the funny for the day. My kids are great! They are always coming up with things that make me laugh. And I enjoy it. It always catches me off guard, because it is always something different. When Makayla woke up from her nap this afternoon, she was a little more fussy than normal, I don't think that she was done with her nap. So I take her back to the computer with me, where I have been working all day at installing updates, and defraging, and what not. Trying to get it to move faster than it has been. Anyways, so Alyssa comes up, and is talking to Makayla, and all of the sudden whacks her on the head. It wasn't hard, and Makayla barely noticed, but I responded quickly..."Be gentle. Be gentle." Alyssa looks at me, and sweetly says her new favorite "get out of JAIL free card" line, "It was an accident." And then just as smoothly she turns to Makayla and says, "I'm sorry, I thought you where a drum."

I couldn't stop laughing. I probably laughed for a good five minutes, and I have laughed every time I have told that story this evening, including now. I am so thankful for those little moments of comic relief. They make my days of endless toys, dishes, laundry, and bills to pay that much easier.

:-)

1 comment:

Karina said...

Hey sorry I havent called you back yet, but girl I was hoping you'd swing by on your travels!!!! Im bummed, you were close to me werent you?????