Wednesday, November 12

Alien Invasions!!!

It's 4:14 am, do you know where your children are?

Yes, yes I do. My oldest is sleeping in my bed....where I should be at...and my youngest is playing in the floor in front of me.

Wait a minute...strike that...the oldest has now joined the youngest in the floor. Did someone play a cruel joke? Is it really like the middle of the day? What happened to my daughters. What happened to my youngest who loves to sleep through the night. Please of please, do not let that be over. I don't think I will be able to endure if that is true. Seeing that my oldest still routinely gets up in the middle of the night. But I was used to that...I mean we have been doing that for what...oh three years now! But the little bundle, she sleeps, she was this wonderful gift. This gifted child who since she was just a few weeks old, preferred sleeping in her bed...alone....and all night long.

I am beyond exhaustion. I think the moving is finally catching up to me. Plus all of which Bennett has been having to go into work an hour earlier, and so we all feel off schedule...maybe that's all it is....PLEASE. Oh please let that be it.

I think that I am in need of peas. Yes, that's it. Just a few good hours of peas and I will be okay. I mean, I have gone on far less sleep. Gosh, when I was in college, I worked a 35 hour week, went to school full time, and had a very busy social life, and I only slept about 4 hours a night. And I don't think I felt half as tired then as I do now. Crazy is it. I must be getting old. But of course then it was I who chose not to sleep. It wasn't a cute little, drooling, pooping, smiling, giggling, crawling, sitting up on her own, trying to pull up, five month old.

My three year old, (who by the way thinks that this is the way we should live all the time. She is up often this time of night,) just came and asked, "Can I pick Kayla up?" When I said, no she needs to just stay on the floor and play, she replied, "But she wants to sit with me!" Truly they are so adorable together, it just about makes up for the sleep deprivation.

I have heard other mothers talking. In blogs, in mommy and me groups, etc. Many children aren't sleeping. Many children who usually are little angels, are turning into little monsters at night. I think it may be aliens. Yes, that must be it. Aliens, who know, to be able to take over our world, they must first make all mothers so tired, that they can't fight back. They must be planning an invasion. Be on the look out. They may have found other ways to fight back as well. I will be looking, and watching...I will let you know what I find.

:-)

No, I am not sleep deprived.

1 comment:

Her Bad Mother said...

Yeah, prior to parenthood I could and did stay up all night no problem. Now? KILLS ME.