Tuesday, November 4

Election '08

Here I sit. Watching...waiting....praying....groaning....

Election '08. It doesn't even matter who you are for, this election has been a roller coaster of emotions. No matter what the end result, I feel like America as we know it will change. The only question left being decided is into what?


As I went to go vote today...I paused. I felt like it was a big moment, as I am sure many Americans did. It may just be my age, I am younger, but it seems like this is such a huge election. So much at stake. As I made my selections on that bright computer screen, I though, it does matter right? I mean, I am just one woman. I am mainly just a stay at home mom, take care of my kids, my family...can I make a difference? Will it matter tomorrow that I voted? When I am sitting with my grandchildren someday, will this be one of those moments in history that I want to tell them about? Will we, as a nation, as the world, look back on this election, as the thing that started it all?

Or, will it be just another election? Will it just be another battle between "red & blue?"

I guess in the days and weeks to come we will find out. History will tell our story. It will sing our song.

No comments: